Jun 17, 2017

CAS June Reminder


It's the 17th of the month and time for the Calling All Sistahs reminder to check your girls. I have quite a few friends fighting this horrible disease at the present time, so please get your mammograms so you are not one of them. 
As I have said before I lost my mom to breast cancer at a young age and I am a survivor myself so caner hits home with me.

Cancer can be beaten if caught early so please do self exams and get your mammograms once a year if thats what the doctor suggests. You can also help find a cure by purchasing products from the Calling All Sistahs line where 50% of the profits go towards breast cancer research.

Now for my reminder card. I started with a white top folding card base, a stitched panel and a pink scalloped mat. I stamped the butterfly from the set Be with versa mark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. Next I punched a circle in a post it note and placed it on the panel centering the butterfly and then used distress oxide ink in Worn Lipstick to fill it in and then spritzed it with water. To finish the card I added the sentiment from the Word Ribbon set.









1 comment :

  1. Beautiful card for this important reminder, Ceal. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile