Jan 18, 2018

Peace & Comfort


It is time for our first encouragement challenge of the new year 
Our challenge is to use the inspiration photo below to create a card to send someone a word of encouragement as they go through a struggle. It doesn't have to be cancer it can be for someone who has lost someone, lost a job, or just needs a word of encouragement. The real challenge is will you mail it? I love to go to the mailbox and find happy mail instead of or with the bills, always makes my heart happy.
oh and 
There is a prize involved as well, a $25 voucher to CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and if you use CAS-ual Fridays products and are the winner it will increase to $50

here is the inspiration photo



To make my card I started with a top folding white card base and a watercolor paper panel cut down with a stitched die. To make the background I used Distress Oxide inks in Iced Spruce, Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean by rubbing them directly on my craft mat, spraying them with water and picking them up until I achieved the look that I wanted. I stamped the greeting with Versamark ink and embossed it first in silver but it didn't show uo enough so I reinked it and embossed it with black.
This card has already been mailed to a childhood friend that is dying and I pray she is comforted by it.



5 comments :

  1. One stunning card Ceal, adore the arty feel to the background x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your encouragement card is so beautiful and I love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ceal, I am so sorry about your friend. I will pray for her peace and comfort today. Your lovely card is sure to bless her and I know she'll feel your love when she opens it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a stunning background !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your friend. Your card should bring her and her family comfort knowing you care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile